ICD-10 Preparation, Time to Purchase IMO, PQRS, MU Deadlines
ICD-10: Deadline October 1, 2015
While many people have discussed the possibility of the ICD-10 implementation date changing, at this point, the deadline remains October 1.
In order to prepare for this important change, we recommend the following steps be taken.
1. Watch a Physicians Trust Recorded webinar on the Physicians Trust website under education and training/training/ICD-10
2. Review the ICD-10 resource guide created by Physicians Trust
3. Review ICD-10 related documentation on the https://my.eclinicalworks.com website (username and password are required for access)
4. Sign up for CMS updates on ICD-10 here http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coding/ICD10/ProviderResources.html
5. Consider IMO smart search as a tool to enhance your ICD-10 conversion. Details can be found here https://www1.e-imo.com/ecw/
6. If you want to test prior to the October 1st, 2015 deadline you will need to open a support ticket by sending an email to [email protected]
7. Consulting services from Physicians Trust can be purchased at www.hit-shop.net or by contacting [email protected]net
Several of the tasks required to successfully transition to ICD-10 must be performed by your internal staff and providers. Physicians Trust trainers can be scheduled to guide you on best practices, however your time and commitment is critical to successfully transitioning to ICD-10. Physicians Trust training and support teams are not certified coders.
Obama Signs Bill Fixing Medicare Doctors’ Pay
IMO Gives You Easy to Find, Clinically Meaningful Diagnoses and Billable Codes
IMO provides clinicians with the ability to quickly and accurately create a patient’s problem list within the eClinicalWorks EMR system using common clinical terms. You will experience improved usability of your EMR, less need to input free text, and more accurate coding resulting in fewer after-encounter conversations and back-tracking. The end result is a more satisfied physician.
We recommend that you consider IMO before transitioning to ICD-10. Click here for an FAQ and click here for details on how to purchase from eCW.
Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS)
eClinicalWorks continues to support claims-based reporting in 2015 for individual reporting only
In 2015, claims-based reporting is only available for eligible providers (EPs) using the Individual Reporting method. CMS notes that other clinical-based reporting options have reported greater success for EPs. In 2015, to avoid the PQRS penality, an EP has to report at least nine Quality Measures, across three NQS domains, and have at least one cross-cutting measure.
For more information please see the eClinicalWorks PQRS update atttached here.
MEANINGFUL USE REMINDERS:
Don’t forget to check your MAQ Dashboard each month after the 12th to make sure you are in compliance with the correct measures.
The deadline for applying for both MediCaid MU and AIU in 2014 has been extended to May 31, 2015 because of the delay in the ability of the SLR to accept 2014 applications under the Flexibility Rule. Please see the link below for more details. http://medi-cal.ehr.ca.gov/
Please check your state level registry frequently to confirm deadlines. You can find it at http://www.cms.gov/apps/files/statecontacts.pdf
eClinicalWorks National User’s Conference
October 16-19, 2015
Early registration is now available for eCW National User’s Conference. Book now for the best rates and hotel rooms.